Sunday 24 March 2013

Assignment 2 on winning finished. SO MUCH WIN!

well... it's done..... assignment two on the theme of winning... suffice to say that things did not go according to plan with this one from start to finish. The video is here, so enjoy the 50 second teaser trailer for the upcoming PC version of Nerf's Human Versus Zombies:


Now as to what went wrong... well its a really long list, but the short version is that external events really went and messed things and that is nobody fault. But the biggest screw up was actually my own: I failed to take in to account that the when filming in two different venues, you got to make sure the background match or are at least similiar in appearance. So that caused me a lot of problems when I looked over all of the rough footage. Long story short: the original plan had to go out the window.

So with what footage and tools I had, I managed to use most of it, as well as some tricky work with Hypercam and PowerPoint to create the game trailer above with the empahsis being on the survivors winning the war against the zombie hordes, which worked out rather well... I might just reuse the footage for something else if I can get things to work out... I'll upload that video if I ever get round to actually doing something with it. At the moment, I'm running the risk of having too many irons in the fire, and snuffing the fire....

anyways, enjoy the video y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment